Monday, January 4, 2021

A stunning woman has been forced to tell strangers she ‘doesn’t have cancer’ after shaving her head.

The title is clickbait, but the story itself, about a woman living with alopecia, is actually quite positive. I like this quote especially:

Since her move to London from Newcastle, Zoe has felt less self conscious with people being a lot more accepting and diverse – rather than people presuming it’s an illness, people have come up complimenting her thinking it’s a fashion choice.

With alopecia being so unpredictable Zoe’s hair could grow back at any point, or not at all.

She said, “Even if it was to grow back tomorrow, I’d still keep it shaven because I’ve grown to love it and find it so liberating.

“I want to be a help to others with alopecia, as I wish I had someone to look up to when I was a teenager struggling with it – I’ve even had a friend of a friend “come out” and tell the world about her battle with alopecia because of me.”

Good on Zoe.