Tuesday, August 1, 2023

I shaved my head bald and it's been the most liberating decision of my life




I meant to post a link to this article earlier. 

Although my decision initially plagued me with undercurrents of fear and anxiety, I felt as though a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I could finally be unapologetically me. I was optimistic about the future, eager to explore my femininity through aspects beyond my appearance and re-define my own personal perception of beauty.

Fast forward six months, I have discovered new realms of self-love and now understand that the need to establish ourselves beyond societal expectations is crucial. Beauty is honestly skin-deep and sometimes it takes being vulnerable to obtain the truest version of ourselves. I loved my hair but I knew that I couldn’t depend on it. I now know that when it comes to my appearance, the only opinion that matters is my own.