Sunday, April 7, 2024

I shaved my head to avoid ‘beauty pageant’ with Paige VanZant before becoming UFC champion – now I’ll try to win flyweight title

 


For athletes like Rose Namajunas, shaving her head is simply practical. She has kept a very short buzz cut since her 2015 fight with Paige VanZant. She it easier to train and to compete without hair getting in the way, and she's had a successful career.

From the article:

"Why not do it to keep the focus on the fight so I don’t have to worry about training, then rinsing off and washing my hair, then drying it off, making it all pretty, doing my makeup, then getting ready for interviews and pictures and then having to go back to training and putting it back up.

“I just want to focus on the fight and figuratively and literally cut out as much as I can.

Indeed.